Mumbai Mahakamgar Awas Yojana for Construction Workers

Mahakamgar Awas Yojana

The state government of Maharashtra is planning to construct 2.5 lakh houses for construction workers under Mahakamgar Awas Yojana. The target is to construct 50,000 houses in 2017-18 while the remaining 2 lakh houses would be constructed in 4 years.

According to the sources, the government has prepared draft plan to construct 2.5 lakh houses for construction workers at 20% of the cost of construction under the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana.

As per the proposed plan, these houses will be built under Mahakamgar Awas Yojana and only those workers will eligible for this scheme who are registered under the Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board. The government will give preference to the differently-abled persons, senior citizens, SC, ST, single women, transgender and EWS category people.

Under this scheme, these houses will be built in the size up to 30 square meters with basic civic infrastructure like water, sanitation, sewerage, road and electricity. The estimates the cost of a housing unit would be Rs 6 lakh.
Besides, all promoters and developers employing more than 10 workers within city limits shall have to facilitate construction of houses for their workers under PMAY.

These houses will be built under the Credit-Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) of PMAY. Under this scheme, the promoters will have to enter into a joint venture with MHADA and Workers Welfare Board.

In this scheme, the houses will be provided through a house loan with subsidy under Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme under PMAY where the allottee will have to pay house loan EMIs for 20 years to transfer to the housing unit to the allottee.

The loan will be provided for 20 years, of which 20% will be contributed by the allottee while remaining 80% will be bearded by the by Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board.

News Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/state-plans-2-5-lakh-homes-for-construction-workers/articleshow/59690360.cms

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *