CHB Housing Scheme – 10000 Flats On Construction
CHB Housing Scheme – The Chandigarh Housing Board has made all the preparation to initiate the construction of about 10,000 affordable housing units in Chandigarh for the people of Urban Teraterritories and to provide affordable housing in U.T. CHB is going to start the construction of 10,000 residential flats from October this year and the possession will be given in the year 2019.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana CHB Housing Scheme
The Chandigarh Housing Board will construct the residential flats in Mauli Jagran, Maloya and Dhanas under the central government’s ambitious scheme Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, about 1.23 Lakh applicants have applied. Of these, the housing board has selected 51,000 people. The flats will be issued in phase wise. Under the 1st phase, 10,000 people out of 51,000 will be provided the flats. It is expected that possession of these flats will be given by July 2019.
Price of Flat in CHB Housing Scheme
The Flats Price is divided into 2 groups i.e. Low Income Group (LIG) and Middle Income Group (MIG). For the Low Income Group, the approximate cost of the Flat is 20 Lakh and for the Middle Income Group and the approximate cost of flat is around 35 Lakh.
However, the categories are divided into 4 groups i.e. Economically Weak, Low Income, Middle Income-1, and Middle Income-2.
- About 3500 affordable housing units will be constructed for the people of Economically Weak Sections (EWS) and the price will be Rs.10 Lakh.
- About 3000 affordable housing units will be constructed for the people of the Low-Income group (LIG) and the price will be Rs.20 Lakh.
- About 2000 affordable housing units will be constructed for the people of the Middle Income-1 group and the price will be Rs. 35 Lakh.
- About 1500 affordable housing units will be constructed for the people of the Middle Income-2 group and the price will be Rs. 40 Lakh.
Subsidy on Houses under CHB Housing Scheme
- MIG-I Scheme – Beneficiaries living in Urban Areas can get 4% subsidy on loan up to Rs.9 lakh for new construction.
- MIG-II Scheme – In this 3% subsidy can be availed up to Rs.12 Lakh.
- LIG(Low Income Group) and EWS(Economically Weak) can avail 6.5% subsidy on loan up to Rs.6 lakh.
Location of Flats Under CHB Housing Scheme
- 5500 houses will be constructed in Maloya
- 4000 houses will be constructed in Dhanas
- 500 houses will be constructed in Mauli Jagran.
Eligibility Criteria under CHB Housing Scheme
- A resident of Chandigarh as of June 2015 and are living in urban areas are eligible for affordable housing.
- Most important thing that he/she have no plot, house anywhere in India.
- Adhaar Card or Voter Card as an identity proof