State Govt. Plans Meghalaya Affordable Housing Scheme for 10,000 Houses

Meghalaya government is all set to construct 10,000 houses under Meghalaya Affordable Housing Scheme in State. The scheme will be implemented in both rural and urban areas and the government will provide the fund to the beneficiaries for constructing their houses.

According to the sources, the Minster in charge Housing Zenith Sangma said that the guidelines for the Meghalaya Affordable Housing Scheme have already been sent to the Planning Department for approval.

Under the scheme, the state government will provide 100 percent assistance for those who will use roofing materials. Sangma said the proposed scheme will have two components.

Besides this, the government will provide an assistance of 25 percent of the total cost of the houses to the beneficiaries from EWS and the government is also making provisions for loans for the remaining 75 percent.

The government is also considering to construct a cluster residential complex in Shillong under Meghalaya Affordable Housing Scheme.

News Source: http://www.theshillongtimes.com/2016/11/18/govt-ready-with-housing-scheme-norms/

You may also read
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *